trimming my own ends
- trying to transition on my own.
- It was a pain. I didn’t know what I was doing and I barely knew how to take care of my relaxed hair. Adding a second texture made it very overwhelming. My hair became matted and difficult to detangle so I hooked up with a local stylist who taught me a little more about different products and how to take care of the two textures
- Allowing the opinion of others to make second guess going natural
- Not moisturizing my hair daily
- caused my hair to become brittle and break off
- Cutting the relaxed hair around the perimeter of my head
- ha! so at like 4 months transitioning I got sooooo frustrated that I decided it was time to cut off my relaxed ends. I started cutting the front, suddenly I realized it was wayyyy too short and that I wasn’t ready so I head to wear headbands to cover the parts that I cut